1. At The Plateaus Of Leng (Vocals by DAVE INGRAM of Bolt Thrower/Benediction)
2. The Festered Earth (Vocals by KAM LEE of Massacre)
3. And Then The Death Sets In (Vocals by AAD KLOOSTERWAARD of Sinister)
4. The Mucus Man (Vocals by MARTIN VAN DRUNEN of Asphyx/Hail of Bullets)
5. Like Comets Burn The Ether (Vocals by DAVE ROTTEN of Avulsed)
6. When Death Kills The Silence (Vocals by FELIX STASS of Crematory)
7. The Hand Of Bereavment (Vocals by ILKKA JARVENPÄÄ of National Napalm Syndicate)
8. Back To The Ancient (Vocals by BRYNJAR HELGETUN of Crypticus)
9. Night Of The Grand Obscenity (Vocals by ROGGA JOHANSSON)
If that’s not enough to get expectations running high I don’t know what is.
This album is full of melodic Old-School Death Metal goodness, but also a few unexpected turns such as the clean vocals/keyboard side of The Festered Earth, or the cleans of The Hand of Bereavement. Variety is a good thing however and these little flourishes and touches just enhance the album as a whole.
At the Plateaus of Leng is crushing and without mercy, stomping and stamping on all who oppose. But more than brutality these songs are surprisingly melodic and succeed well in hooking the listener. The tracks march along easily enough, propelled by the mid-paced barrage of the drums and carried aloft by the tuneful guitars. Each song is well-written, being identifiable from the last and not just because of the different vocals. This is an album of songs rather than just a collection of tracks, and there are catchy moments in great supply.
All of the vocalists do a sterling job and add their own personality and character into each of the compositions. Each song may have a different vocalist but the album flows nicely and doesn’t sound disjointed or like a compilation album, even when they veer into more Heavy Metal territory with clean singing it still holds together well as a package.
A very accomplished release, chock full of classic Death Metal songs, each one as enjoyable as the last.